Tuesday 17 April 2007

Pungent Effulgent

Sun is shining, attic is sweltering, tomato plants growing downstairs, 'No Tomatoes' demos coming together upstairs, everything's bright, everything's a bit smelly.

This morning I wrote the raw first draft of a short film script. The various elements of had been churning a while and then- splodge it all sort of glooped together this morning, if not into life, certainly into primordial soup. I quite like it, I hope the director who invited me to come up with ideas does too, because I've enjoyed the two short films of his I've seen and I'd quite like to see him make this one too.

The only thing I really don't like about the script at all at the moment is its title 'Scene and Herd' which is a rubbish pun and a daft name for anything.
If we develop this any further, it'll have to go. I only mention it here because, for all its rubbishness, this silly title was the grit the oyster spit grew around this morning, giving a focus to all the ideas I wanted in the thing.

Always put your first thought down on paper, no matter how bad it is, it may help with your second and third thoughts and you can always chuck it away later.

I am pun gent, here- me, raw.

If you think that's bad, imagine how awful the first thought must have been...

No comments: