Wednesday 4 April 2007

A Touch of Brimstone

If you're reading this, you probably know me well enough to know I'm vegetarian which means my food very rarely disagrees with me (ho ho), yesterday however, I seem to have eaten something diametrically opposed to all I believe that is prepared to fight me to the death over it.

I am unwell today in a way I haven't been for years, appearing to have become one of the lower circles of Hell in roughly human form- my mouth tastes of sulphur, much of the rest of me seems to smell like it, or be producing it in some kind of solution form with the kind of regularity a geyser would be named Old Irritatingly and Beginning to Get Painfully Often for, and I can't say I'm enjoying it much (not even after sharing). This is the point at which no sane person should ever reach for a family medical encyclopaedia or go to Google with symptoms.

Everything in the world you experience is either fatal, some form of fetish, or all three (including this).
I'm going to stick with the "maybe, it was that funny gritty crunch in those pumpkin seeds I was nibbling (or just the pumpkin seeds maybe, they're big on sulphur)" theory for the mo, rather than accept I have developed some horrendous physiological condition and will now have to learn to like it in a bad way.

This state is making working on a sample chapter of something a little tiresome at the moment, as I don't seem to be able to spend more than a quarter of an hour in a room with a keyboard at the mo.

Anyhow, must dash.

Maybe, more later. Possibly on a less vile topic, like how Lew Grade's UK business empire was in large part made by the Communist Party of America for example.
That's ironic, Alanis, the word you were looking for was probably 'unfortunate', 'annoying' or 'unlucky'.

No comments: